|Terms and conditions|
5 Bridgecourt Office Park,
1. LEGAL CAPACITY
1.1 Suppliers Agent: In many instances when you are purchasing a travel service from us, we are acting as a disclosed agent for third party suppliers, such as a tour operator, airline, cruiseline, hotel, car hire company etc. The contract for the service is between you and the third party supplier, and will usually involve your being required to accept additional terms and conditions governing the contract with the relevant third party supplier. A copy of any third party supplier’s terms and conditions are available on request. When we deal with you as a supplier’s agent, we have no contractual liability for the services, which you have purchased.
1.2 Principal: There may also be instances when we shall be the principal for the Service which you are purchasing, i.e. the contract for the service is between you and us. In such instances you will be required to accept our additional terms and conditions which govern the service which we are contracting to provide to you. A copy of our terms and conditions in such circumstances are available on request.
1.3 Your Agent: There may also be instances when we are acting as your agent and in such circumstances our role is limited to the following services unless otherwise specifically agreed in writing: -(a) the effecting of a reservation; (b) the procuring of confirmation of such reservation; (c) the forwarding of consideration tendered by you for such reservation to the travel supplier; & (d) the confirmation on your behalf of your, the consumer’s, acceptance of travel service supplier’s terms and conditions. A copy of any third party supplier’s terms and conditions are available on request. When we deal with you as your agent we have no contractual liability for the services, which we have purchased on your behalf.
1.4 Yours: You hereby confirm and represent that you are eighteen years or over.
1.5 The term “Consumer” means you and all persons named in a booking on whose behalf you have been authorised to act.
2. YOUR DETAILS: Once a booking is made all details will in the case of a telesales be called out or in the case of a web booking emailed to you to allow you the opportunity to correct any errors. Once you have confirmed these details we will proceed to confirm the booking. Any changes made to your booking details may incur charges [see paragraph 7 below]. Please ensure that the names given are the same as in the relevant passport[s].
3. DATA PROTECTION: The information (including personal information such as special needs, dietary or religious requirements) which you provide to us will be passed on only to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements or other persons necessary for the provision of your travel arrangements, such as public authorities, customs or immigration if required by them, or as required by law. Your information may also be passed on to security or credit checking companies. Certain countries, including the United States,Spain and Japan require that this information will provided to its Customs and Border Protection Authorities for the purposes of preventing and combating terrorism and other transnational serious crimes. If you travel outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country. If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, whether in the EEA or not, we may be unable to proceed with your booking. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons. Full details of our data protection policy are available upon request.
4. DEPOSITS: Unless otherwise stated all deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE.
5. SECURITY: We are government licenced and bonded as a travel agent [licence number 0548].
6. PAYMENT: You will be required to pay a deposit or make full payment for your booking at the time of booking. Where you only pay a deposit you must pay the full balance by the balance due date notified to you. If full payment is not received by the balance due date, we will notify the principal who may cancel your booking and charge the cancellation fees set out in their Terms and Conditions.
7. CANCELLATION and AMENDMENT: Because of the ever changing nature of airfare structures and the increasing availability of instant purchase air fares most of the flights which we sell must be paid for in full at the time of booking and such airfares are non refundable. A cancellation or amendment shall only be effective upon receipt of same in writing from you and may be subject to our cancellation service charge or amendment service charge. Many suppliers such as tour operators and cruise-line companies can apply 100% cancellation charges from 10 weeks before the date of departure. Please enquire what applies to your book.
8. INSURANCE: We cannot recommend strongly enough the importance of taking out adequate travel insurance. Many principals require you to take out travel insurance as a condition of booking with them to cover you and your party against the cost of cancellation by you; the cost of assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident or illness; loss of baggage and money; and other expenses. If we have issued your policy please check it carefully to ensure that all the details are correct and that all relevant information has been provided by you (eg. pre-existing medical conditions of all those on whose health your travel arrangements depend). If you do not disclose relevant information your insurance may not be effective.
9. DELIVERY OF TRAVEL DOCUMENTS: All documents (eg. invoices/tickets/insurance policies) will be sent to you by ordinary post or by email. Once documents leave our office we will not be responsible for their loss unless such loss is due to our negligence. If tickets or other documents need to be reissued all costs must be paid by you. You can ask for delivery by other means which will incur an additional charge, details of which are available on request.
10. PASSPORTS, VISAS AND HEALTH: We can provide general information about the passport and visa requirements for your trip. Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. Neither we nor the principal accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements. Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date. We can provide general information about any health formalities required for your trip but you should check with your own doctor for your specific circumstances.
11. PRE-DEPARTURE: It is you responsibility to ensure that all your travel, passport, visa and insurance documents are in order and to present yourself at your point of departure in plenty of time for check in. It may be necessary to reconfirm any return flights with the airline prior to the departure of your flight. You should take a note of any reference number or contact name when reconfirming. If you fail to reconfirm you may be refused permission to board the aircraft and you are unlikely to receive any refund.
12. COMPLAINTS: Any dissatisfaction regarding your travel or holiday arrangements must be reported to the principal or their local supplier or agent immediately.
13. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU: Any liability which we may have to you hereunder is limited to any commission and or service fee received by us in relation to your transaction with us.
14. This Agreement is to be interpreted under and subject to the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
15. IDENTITY OF CARRIERS: We are obliged to inform you, at time of booking, of the identity of the operating air carrier(s) which is due to perform, or likely to perform, your flight; if there are any changes to the operating air carrier(s) we are obliged to inform you of these as soon as possible. If we don’t know the identity of the operating carrier(s) when you are booking, we must inform you of same when it is known. In all cases, we are obliged to inform you of the identity of the operating air carrier at check-in or boarding, where no check-in is required for a connecting flight. In accordance with EU Dir No.2111/2005, we are required to bring to your attention the existence of a ‘Community Blacklist’, which contains details of air carriers that are subject to an operating ban within the EU Community. The Community list can be inspected at
16. In addition to the terms and conditions above please pay particular attention to the following.
5 Bridgecourt Office Park, Walkinstown Avenue, Dublin 12, Phone: 353-1-4081999
AGREEMENT BETWEEN MEMBER AND eTravel.ie
PRIVACY AND SECURITY
MODIFICATION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS